Thursday, March 4, 2010

Needing a Change...ALREADY?!

Sorry, I forgot to post yesterday. Hey, I'm trying to get in the swing of things.

It's nap time here at the DeMar house. I know my little bud needs naps but I get so bored when he sleeps. I get a lot done though because he usually takes one or two good naps in during the day and that's when I get the bulk of my daily doings done (nice alliteration, huh?)

I need to keep my camera attached to me. Yesterday, I missed some great photo ops. For those of you who don't know, Paul is a pretty slow gainer. I've accepted it. He's gaining weight like an average infant now but for the first month or so, he was only gaining maybe 4 oz. a week. Anyway, he's always been a pretty good sleeper but about a month-and-a-half ago, I was getting up at 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. and basically force feeding him. Since then, he's been gaining really well. Anyway, I dropped the 2 o'clock feeding and just let him sleep until he woke up. Anyway, anyway, anyway. Yesterday, he woke up at around 5:30 and I fed him and then put him back down. He then woke up again at 6:30 or so (that's when James' alarm goes off for work so that's when I get up and nurse him...however, James didn't go into work yesterday) so I got up and nursed him and then put him back down. He usually doesn't go back to sleep, but I do. When I went back in to get him, he had moved! He was perpendicular to how I had laid him. He had did that another time before but his feet ended up where his head was! So, I wish I could have anticipated him doing that and took a before and after picture.

So, I do need a change. My birthday is this month. I'll be 23. I don't think I'm old or anything but I'm going to ask my parents for a bike. Is that dorky or what?! My workout routine is boring and not very motivating. I gained 60 pounds during my pregnancy and it's not easy to lose and with as many children we want to have, I got to lose it before I gain it again. The first 30 were easy to lose because it was mainly fluid. Now, I just need to lose the fat! Breastfeeding is great but you can't rely on it (at least I can't). It helps that James is working out too. He's naturally quite trim so he has to work to keep the weight ON (I know, he has it rough).

We're both eating a lot better as well. It's really nice cooking with fresh produce and not so much refined products. The meals we've been eating have been really fresh. It makes such a difference with your appetite. I've noticed that since I've been making things from scratch, my appetite has been curbed and I don't crave junk food. Now, I need to pay attention to the meals I do make. It makes a difference if I make breaded and fried foods or a meal loaded with carbs as opposed to a meal loaded with veggies. I'm really trying to do menu planning. I can't express to everyone how I hate to hear, "What do you want to do for dinner?" I HATE IT! Plus, since I'm home, it gives me something to look forward to other than James coming home.

Another thing I need to change is my daily routine. We live it a modestly sized townhouse. You would think it would be easy to keep up with especially since I'm home all day. I need to get up and moving...especially since this baby is asleep!!! Share with me your routines. What do you do day-to-day? Also, what is your exercise regiment?

More tomorrow. Pictures too (I promise!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment